Thursday, December 9, 2010

26 cents

I’m officially “a quarter plus a penny” old. (according to my pal, Carolyn)

My birthday consisted of some smashing things:


1. Sleeping in.
2. Wonderful gifts from family and friends
3. A Mountain Bike.... more on that later
4. A visit to Victoria's new frozen yogurt joint.... not as good as the Golden Spoon in Cupertino, but satisfying

5. And finally, we had a blow-your-socks-off dinner at Point No Point. Amazing food. Quaint, cozy atmosphere. I would love to stay in one of their luxury coastal cabins!


Two nights ago, I eagerly took my mountain bike out for a little spin.

I had visions of how my first time out would be:


There would be gratuitous curb hopping...







.... much jumping over poor homeless animals:





It wouldn't take me long to catch on. I'd be the female equivalent of Danny Macaskill, leaping from trees and buildings with narry a pinched flat to show for it.





So I rushed outside, ready to lift the rubber from the road.




Forty-five minutes later:









6 comments: