Thursday, January 10, 2013

aaaannnddd I'm back.

I feel like I’m blowing the dust off an old book that I abandoned in the summer. Oh little blog, how I’ve abandoned you.

I credit my sister as inspiration to post more regularly. And also my mother, who is probably the only person who still checks this blog every week!
Well, if I had to sum up the last six months in one word it would be: CAREER. Because that’s what I feel is happening for both of us. Cam took the step to move to part time work, and as of next Wednesday, I too will be part time.

You guys, do you realize I’ve waited FIVE YEARS to kiss admin work buh-bye?? No more scheduling and “yes, right away!” Not to put down admin work – it’s great if you love to do it, but it’s not my thing.

Cam is building his skills steadily with each bike frame he welds. He’s currently on bike frame #4 (a mountain bike for me!!). The Hand-Built Bike Show is in Denver this year and he’s hoping to attend and network with other independent bike builders. I admire that he’s started from scratch and taught himself how to weld. It used to take him a month to weld a frame and now he can do it within 7-10 days (probably less!).

I’ve been steadily gaining clients with each job that I do. There’s quite a demand right now for hand drawn videos – I’m currently working on videos for four major clients. But not all my eggs are in that basket – I’m also doing custom graphics for a few different clients and there are a couple graphic recording gigs coming up in the spring. Variety is the spice of life!

Rather than rehash the last six months, here’s a few iPhone snapshots. Think of it as a visual collage.




My new portable wall for graphic recording!






Royals hockey game!





graphic recording in Vancouver


Thanksgiving at the 'rents.




New boots!











 Kylie & Paisley!



Paisley playing with her brother in Whitehorse.




2 comments:

  1. Those floppy ears kill me! Muaaawww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice summary. Embrace the hectic transition
    that you are in- it will calm down.
    XO Mom

    ReplyDelete