Friday, April 23, 2010

All By Myself....

"Don't wanna be, all by myself
Anymore..."

So Cam's been outta town since Wednesday. I must admit it's been GREAT having the place all to myself. I'm one of those gals that doesn't mind entertaining herself. Plus Jersey was happy to have me all to himself. Though he does get a bit clingy.

Anyway, while Cam's off doing some kind of bike fitting course (paid for by his work!) in Seattle, I've been putting in some good rides. I thoroughly enjoy having the iPhone along to snap quick pics.



Please excuse the filthy bar tape. White bar tape is more of a curse than a great fashion statement.




I cruised on out to the flying field, and wished I had Dad along since he's such an avid flyer! One guy was flying his plane straight up in the air, then stalling it and doing these crazy spirals back down.







No, these guys weren't flying planes. Since I was already in the countryside, I decided to stop by and visit my favourite old pals.




On another ride, I visited the Centre of the Universe... which just happens to be at the top of one helluva climb. But the view from the peak is well worth it:






See that wee house down there? Don't let it fool ya, that house is a MANSION.


But of course, all this time hasn't been spent spinning my wheels. I'm in the midst of finishing a painting for a friend. Deadline is Sunday... but I'm not posting pics of it 'til it's done!





So long for now... if everything goes to plan, Cam should arrive home late tonight. I don't envy him the very rainy ferry ride :)




1 comment: