Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer? Allo?

Have been a little behind on posting because we've been busy doing some extensive landscaping in our backyard ...




Ok. So maybe this isn't quite what our backyard looks like. In fact, our backyard looks the same as it always has, minus a lush veggie garden. Spring 2.0 has provided for some mild temps and moist soil.

Oh well. At least now we've reached 20 degrees and these wee things have started popping up in the garden:





I'm not sure what they're called. Weeds? Bits of grass?



Carrots? My, I haven't seen you since last September!



Peas? Delightful! (and I promise to stake you soon)



And.... ONE spinach plant?? Where are your buddies?! Oh right. They failed to germinate.




I'm most excited for cucumbers. This is my very first cucumber plant and he's already got some fleurs. Not bad. Especially since I bought him from the sketchy convenience store down the street where I'm pretty sure they're selling human organs out the back freezer.







In other news... many, MANY thanks to our thoughtful landlords (aka Cam's parents), for furnishing our kitchen with two FANTASTIC new appliances:



These bad boys had a hand in producing this amazing Broccoli-Cheese Twist:




The BCT is courtesy of my Mum who started making it when I was a teenager and I've loved it ever since.  It's ridiculously simple, yet SO TASTY. Trust me on this one.
  

The BCT had a short life due to someone coming home from mountain biking. The delicious mango salsa had a similar fate a few nights ago...





When we haven't been cooking, we've been riding. I'm taking care of the giant road rides...





...and Cam bought a little thing called GoPro, and soon he may even do his first blogpost showcasing a homemade mountain bike video.


On that note... stay tuned. If we even have any readers left, due to the poor posting!


2 comments:

  1. Isabella and MikeyJune 26, 2010 at 10:03 AM

    Isabella and I am still reading and eagerly waiting to see the results of the GoPro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isabella's mom is still reading too. You almost had me with that first picture!

    New appliances--wooohoo

    ReplyDelete