Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Bit Overdue

After that monster of a post recapping our Cupertino trip, this next one has been a long time coming. Since our return, I’ve been working on a number of writing projects, Cam’s been prepping to build his first bicycle, and both of us have been keeping up with our riding. But we’ve had time to try a few new recipes…




A simple Spinach, Tomato, Mushroom, Feta Cheese Pasta



Homemade Wontons!



We haven’t just been feeding ourselves, though. There have been others.




These gals decimate our feeder multiple times a day. I've only seen one male and he just flits through, scarfs down food, then harasses the females before taking off. Typical male.









The landlords/parentals have been working hard around our place… we’ve gained a new drier, a couple new bathroom fixtures, and will soon have a brand new fridge and oven. Upgrades are sweet. Speaking of upgrades, Cam and I are planning a trip to Ikea the weekend we go to Vancouver for the Lion King. Did I mention we got tickets to that? That show is like number four on my list of things-I-want-to-do-in-life. Right next to number five, which is buy-something-cool-from-Ikea  :)




A big project that I finished literally days before leaving for Cupertino was a small quilt for Isabella. I mentioned it a few posts ago, when it was in its infant stages. Back then I was naively optimistic about how easy quilt making seemed to be. Yeah, that was before I got to the top-stitching by hand. But despite the tricky parts, I thoroughly enjoyed making it.






You can kind of make out the top stitch designs I did in the yellow squares.



 

It definitely wears the baby well.





 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Now that is an adorable baby...er...I mean quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete