Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bike Trip - Farm Trip

I’m breaking this long silence, finally! We’ve been consumed the past couple weeks with a variety of things, one of them being the selling of bicycles. Cam is finally purging because he recently got a bike frame that will be good for all types of riding... a Santa Cruz Nomad:




But I'm more excited for the ones on the way out! Adios, boys!








There has been a bit of smog over Victoria the past week, so understandably cycling has been less enjoyable. Thank you forest fire season!

But I did see this little fellow a couple weeks ago on one of my observatory rides. He was just strutting along up the hill.






Here’s hoping he didn’t become rotisserie chicken!

In other news, Cam leaves for Wisconsin on Sunday for the annual Trek Bicycle conference where they unveil their new line up. Then he’s off to Montreal for the Specialized one!

Two days after Cam returns, I’m heading to Saskatchewan for a mini-family reunion. My grandpa’s turning 90! Wowza! Haven’t seen the grandparents in a few years now :( … and haven’t seen my immediate family in over a year! Should be nice to see the old farmstead again, even though the grandparents don’t live there anymore. It’s over 100 years old!

The Farm 2006:






The Farm ... 1930? Mum would know.





Grandpa!





Ah, memories.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, little cuties with the dog Candy.
    The B/W farm photos are from the late 40's I think.
    Mom.

    ReplyDelete