Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More Words, Less Photos

I have yet to upload my photos from this past weekend... a little thing called life keeps getting in the way... however, this shouldn't prevent me from doing a post!

Just more words, less photos. Being a writer, I should be able to handle that, no?

The Blubber Burn. Those words should be enough to tell you what kind of cyclocross race we participated in on Sunday. The Blubber Burn is an annual event, meant to burn off the winter fat... although you wouldn't know it from the first place prize of a jumbo pack of beer. And by the yahoos who showed up in football jerseys and Hawaiian shirts...



(photos courtesy of Chris Reddick)


If anything, the Blubber Burn should be retitled the Motivation-Maker because it showed everyone how slow they were from lack of winter training... ahem....

But it was a great event and I'll post a selection of photos sometime this week. Hopefully tomorrow! Don't hold me to it!
Either way, the plan is to get more road rides in on the weekends, peppered with a few mountain bike adventures here and there. I've discovered a couple new gals to ride with who aren't crazy-hardcore-take-you-down-a-trail-of-death. Not that Cam did that. Ever.

I just hope to avoid any of this....



(my first foray into mountain biking and I snapped a cable... luckily I had a mechanic in my backpocket)


Last night was a get-things-done sorta night. After a late evening run to Thrifty's, Cam quickly transformed our kitchen into a Mexican hot house, complete with smoked chili pepper rice and fumes that burn your nostrils. Meanwhile, I set up the new webcam... but we couldn’t find anyone on iChat. It was lonely.

Time to practice up for my French class tonight! We're learning about food and how to order food. Did you know eggplant is aubergine in French? I shall call it aubergine from now on. Way nicer than EGGplant.

Soupe de tomate... quiche lorraine.... pizza aux raisin et poire... une cafe latte avec plus mousse.... nom nom nom....

2 comments:

  1. I was on iChat until 8:30pm last night :( Oh well I guess I'll have to look for you again tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it signs in with Cam's @me.com account... we weren't sure if this was what other people have or not! but we were on at 9:30, so that's probably why.

    ReplyDelete