Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cam's Birthday Party



Cam’s 30th birthday is coming up on Monday, but I decided to plan a little surprise party for Saturday night (which is his Friday night). I wanted to keep it a surprise, so the only thing I told him was that we were “going out” on Saturday night.

When he got home from work yesterday, of course he had endless questions, trying to figure out what I had in store. But I didn’t utter a peep! I just told him to drive us to the Canoe Club. I think he might have clued in when the waitress lead us to a table for seven and his friends from work started to show up. Then Gabor and Eva arrived, along with Anthony, Kenyon, Josh, Carey…… So rather than just the seven people I’d originally invited, we had a full table of about fifteen! Everyone was buying Cam drinks and we ordered some good food; is there a better way to welcome in the 30s??

I don’t have photos from last night (we were having too much fun!), so instead, in accordance with the party-theme of this post, I’m posting some long overdue Cancun photos:


The beach at our hotel... comes with pirate ships!










I spy Kylie at the beach bar!





Coco Bongo (on the left) was the awesome club Kylie and I went to Thursday night.
Good tunes + Cirque du Soleil style performers + dancing = happy Tanya!!








Kylie's favourite dress.









Hey, I found my future house & car!



The beautiful Chichen Itza.



When you stand 100 feet back from the temple and clap really loudly, it echoes off the top of the temple and sounds like the call of a certain Mexican bird.







A long wall of stone skulls was how the Mayans kept track of all the heads they chopped off.



There were hundreds and hundreds of stalls all around the temple, selling masks, jewellery, blankets, and figurines.






2 comments:

  1. I miss hot weather! One week till NZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics, looks like it was lots of fun.
    I like the cars that you had; and the dress.
    Lv, Mom

    ReplyDelete