Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Cottage in Quebec




I spent the last three days at Carolyn's parents' cottage in Quebec (about 1.5 hrs north east of Ottawa) 







It was relaxation-central. We hung out on the dock in the sun and paddled kayaks on the lake.










Carolyn is the kind of rare pal you can truly be your inappropriate, quirky self around.






Speaking of quirky, I discovered that you can catch clams by poking grass blades in between their open mouths and waiting until they snap closed tight. Then you've got clams on a string!







I am cave-woman! Hear me roar!








A lovely little duck kept paddling up to our dock, hoping for food. She even reached up and bit my finger! She was gentle; no blood was shed.











I definitely appreciate the summer warmth out east!

PS: Brave was awesome. Especially since it's the first female-centred story Pixar has done!



1 comment:

  1. Lovely summer vista. I can hear "A Summer Place" playing.
    XO Mom

    ReplyDelete