Monday, May 17, 2010

Books, Beets, and Beautiful Weather

It was a gorgeous weekend around these parts.
After a good road ride on Saturday, I hit up the annual Times Colonist book sale – this was the first I’d ever been, and I was like a kid at a carnival! There were thousands upon thousands of books – $2 for softcovers! I pedalled my hybrid bike up to the sale, and boy was it nice to just lock her up and stroll in without having to deal with the madness of parking or bussing it. And now I have a solid stock of books for the summer.



(photo from the paper-- I was too busy book hunting to take pics)

We spent Sunday in the garden. While Cam took care of weeding, and made creative use of a broken pot…





…I planted us some veggies (albeit a little late, but better late than never!). Beets, carrots, lettuce, spinach, peas, pearl onion... will do some sunflower after vacation.












Then we enjoyed a tasty dinner of chicken wings, dill & green onion mashed potatoes, and salad.




Jersey had mixed greens...





Next Sunday we head down to Cupertino to meet little Isabella! I’m sure ready for some sunshine, pooltime, babytime, and all round Californiatime.



 

2 comments:

  1. I physically giggle out loud when I see that shaved kitty, Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. Yes the phone works... but i don't pay for a landline so it is simply a decoration for now.

    ReplyDelete