Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Smokn' Good Pizza

I have a fear of alarms.

House alarms, fire alarms, bedside clock alarms (though, for other reasons :).

So when I decided to try this lovely Caramalized Onion and Proscuitto Pizza recipe (from the one and only Pioneer Woman), I never expected to find myself frantically hauling out our industrial fan and opening all the windows to vent the house.

But I was only following the recipe, which had me put the pizza in at 500 for 15-17 minutes on the lower oven rack. By 8 minutes I knew something was terribly wrong.

The last time our smoke detector went off, it was when we were smoking salmon in our oven (don't ask). So we turned the smoke detector off... which wasn't a good idea because somehow the alarm system is connected. Before we knew it, three burly firemen were banging on our door.

Come to think of it... maybe setting off the alarm wouldn't be so bad :)



But luckily, the pizza was only slightly scorched and definitely still edible!

Yum!!


2 comments:

  1. 400 to 425 is plenty hot enough on the lower rack. You were likely told that later. Some cookbooks are strange that way. L has one that say to put way too much salt in recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fireman? I'm cranking my oven up to 500 right now!

    ReplyDelete