Friday, June 17, 2011

Who you lookin' at??

There was no one else around during my hill repeats up the Observatory last night. Usually there are at least four other cyclists grinding up the hill too, but it was just me this time. Gotta love the peace n' quiet.

Then I noticed this fellow, sitting in a tree at the bottom of the hill, watching me.



See the owl?
Each time I came down he was there.

Then on my last time down he was gone, but there were these two robins making a heck of a racket just up the road. So I went to check it out and there was Mr. Owl. The robins were dive bombing him -- he must have been close to their nest. But he paid them no mind. He just sat on his branch and stared at the ground. 


I guess owls hunt by staring at the ground looking for mice. Only this owl kept falling asleep! He would look and look and then his head would droop and his eyes would close.



Until some rude girl on a bicycle decided to squawk at him in order to get a good photo.



1 comment:

  1. Hoo does she think she was squawking at an innocent owl?

    ReplyDelete